Wednesday, September 15, 2010

James Lewis Whimpey

Yeah our beautiful James is finally here!!! I know we never talked about the name James the entire pregnancy...we never thought about it to be honest. We both felt so bad that when we saw him a name just didn't fit him right away. Anyways throughout the night we were both thinking about it and I was trying to think of anything and James just continued to come to my mind. So in the morning Greg asked me "So are we going to give this kid a dang name?" So I mentioned that James was crossing my name that night before and the funny thing is he said James continued to come to his mind as well. So after thinking and praying about it we decided this cute little guy was meant to be a James Lewis Whimpey! It fits him well, he is such a good baby, we are so blessed to have him in our family. He is so happy all the time, and pretty mellow for the most part. We love him to death and we both can't get enough time with him. Even when people come over to visit him we still want it to be our turn...since we haven't had a long enough of one yet!!! :)

This is right before we started pushing with the nurse, epidural was in and life was feeling great!
Ready or not...
I just got the epidural in this picture, so we decided to take a "HALA LUYA" picture because my 14 hours of intense back labor was finally over!!! I can't tell you how amazing that felt to get that epidural!!!
Welcome to the world James! What an amazing experience this was...there were a lot of really really hard times where I really didn't think I was going to live through them, but once I saw and held James in my arms it was all worth it! He is seriously a little piece of heaven. The first time he looked at me, I swear he knew exactly who I was...it was a moment I don't think I could ever really make anyone understand, unless they have experienced it for themselves.
Here is our beautiful little boy!
Getting checked out by the nurses
I know I posted a lot of pictures but there are too many cute ones to choose from!
He was 8 pounds, 9 1/2 ounces and 22 inches long...but in this picture he looks so dang tiny!
His fingernails were so long and he continued to scratch himself, so brave Greg took it upon himself to clip them for him.
The two men in my life that I love more than words can describe...and I have to say they are both pretty dang good lookin too!!!
Greg's blanket wrapping is phenominal...it is tight, tight, tight! But this little guy always finds a way to get his little hand out of there. Isn't he just so cute!
James and mommy
I could barely get out of the bed so this is where almost all my pictures are, even though there are very few of me, because when I was holding him I was usually nursing him. And no one wants pictures of that!
So James has such long feet, I just love this picture though so I had to post it.
Us leaving the hospital...how tiny does he look!?!
Again, so cute!
Greg carrying him out of the hospital after three days and two nights, we were so ready to go!
Jame's first bath, how adorable is this picture! He didn't so much love the sponge bath but he did love getting his hair washed!
He had joundice leaving the hospital so this is him soaking up the sun.
Chillin in his swing grandma and grandpa whimpey got him.
Daddy and James
Me and my boy!!! Love you!!!

9 comments:

The DeSpain Family said...

Yea!!! We're so glad James is here! And so is Tanner :). He is so dang cute! Congrats you guys, we're so happy for you!

Strider & Jana said...

Brooke & Greg... CONGRATS!! He is so handsome. We are so excited for you.

whimpey said...

He so cute. We can't wait to meet him and hold the little guy. We are so happy for you

kami said...

brooke, he is absolutely gorgeous! i'm so so happy for you! enjoy these first moments, they are unforgettable!

The Weights said...

Congrats! He is so stinkin cute! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are doing good and adjusting to mommyhood!

The Weights said...

Congrats! He is so stinkin cute! I am so happy for you guys! I hope you are doing good and adjusting to mommyhood!

Adam and Jess said...

What a handsome boy. I can't wait to meet him in person. He looks perfect.. no smashed face, good coloring and just cute!! I hope all is still going well and he's treating you nicely and listening to you;)

buddyandsarahaws said...

I just love that kid! I miss him all ready! He's going to be so big by the time I see him again.

The House's said...

Yay, congrats guys! He is so adorable, I hope we can get a chance to meet him when we are down for Christmas!